Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Audrie..Love, Me.

To my little sister:

Tomorrow you will leave the drama behind..and walk across that stage and be a "graduate". I remember many, many days of you driving me nuts. The time you locked me out of the house and I had to call Grandmother..yea, fresh on my mind still. But right now I am so proud of you..(and I forgive you for being mean to all of my friends). You have grown up to be a beautiful young woman..and don't ever let anyone tell you, you aren't! When you go away to college in August, remember who you are & where your from. The values you have are outstanding..hold to those.


I like the Dr.Seuss book "oh! The Places You'll Go".

Oh, the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all. Fame! You’ll be famous as famous can be, with the whole wide world watching you win on TV.
Except when they don’t. Because, sometimes, they won’t.
I’m afraid that some times you’ll play lonely games too. Games you can’t win ‘cause you’ll play against you.
All Alone!Whether you like it or not, Alone will be something you’ll be quite a lot.
And when you’re alone, there’s a very good chance you’ll meet things that scare you right out of your pants. There are some, down the road between hither and yon, that can scare you so much you won’t want to go on.


Someday, you won't want to go on..you will want to give up.That is when your faith in God will have to become strong. Remember..there is a reason that you are there. You are a powerful woman, Audrie..don't get overlooked but be bold! Make friends, and laugh a lot!! And just like tonight, you can call me anytime for a good cry..I am always willing to listen..and tell you to stay positive. I've found over the years, negativity is not the place you want to be or stay. Put a smile on..and know that I am proud of you, no matter what. I wish I could be there to see you graduate tomorrow night..but circumstances and life gets in the way sometimes. But please know..I love you, and I'm so proud of you. Be Positive & Stay Strong!! It happened to you because God has a job for you sweet little sister!! He didn't promise the way would be easy..but He promised to help us!! And you are going to do awesome! Thanks for calling me..I look forward to many more late night chats..have a wonderful last day as a Senior..;) Love, Your Big Sister


And will you succeed?

Yes! You will, indeed!(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)
Kid, you’ll move mountains!

So…be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ale Van Allen O’Shea, you’re off to Great Places!

Today is your day!

Your mountain is waiting.

So…get on your way!

No comments: