Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Year of Blessings.

I wanted to blog about the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon us this past year. I want my children to read this someday & know how good God is to those who love him  and trust in Him. It all started at the first of the year when Michael decided to sell his truck..or someone wanted to buy it. Since he had a work truck he really didn't need his black tiny truck. My Grandaddy said he knew someone wanting to buy it..so we sold it..to my Grandaddy! ha! This was only the start of all the blessings God had in store for us. Michael & I had been praying about where the Lord wanted us to live. We knew buying a house was in the plans..but wasn't sure exactly when or where. We decided to get rid of my car in May, we were going to buy something more practical that could haul our load! As we started looking around my Mom called and decided that she wanted to give us her Explorer. Free. Blessed Assurance Jesus is Mine! We listed the car on the Internet, and sold it 2 days later, for exactly what we asked for. Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing Thy grace.  We decided to start looking at a few houses..just to get some ideas. Our lease on our apartment wasn't up until July 2012..so we knew we couldn't buy anything in 2011. The Lord really used all of this to show me that He is in control. I had a tough time submitting to my husband about our price range of a house. When I turned that over to God, and came to a agreement with my Husband, everything went so much better! We still knew that we had no money to buy a house, no down payment, and no way to break our lease. We really started praying. One day I got a text message from "someone" saying "find a house, I will help you with the down payment". Trust & Obey. After looking at houses in our "price range" it seemed way harder than what I thought. We were looking all over Louisville..but then..one day Michael drove by one on his way to work. And it turned out to be just the right one.Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus!! We turned in our keys at our apartment, knowing that we might pay rent on this place for 9 more months. Four days later I got a call saying the apartment had been rented out. Oh Praise His Name!!  Wow. Just reading that gives me goosebumps. God has a plan. I know that God is going to use us here in Valley Station. I know that our time at East was to grow us and prepare us for such a time as this ;) I still go back and visit my old lady friends at the apartment..and share God's love with them. I am so excited about this new year and this new place God has put us in. I am also thankful for my husband's faith in the Lord and making decisions not based on what the world thinks, but what God wants for us to do. I am thankful the Lord humbled me & how I grew this past year. I have so much to be thankful for..
Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.Psalm 40:5

No comments: