Thursday, April 4, 2013

In Transit..

During Christmas time I always watch my UPS package like a hawk. I want to know when it's coming..so I can be ready to hide it from the boys. And when I see the words "in transit" I get giddy..because I know its on its way! But its not until I see the words "out for delivery" that I know for sure its going to be on my door step that day. Even when it's in transit, it still might have to make a stop at other places before it gets to me.

This is how I feel right now..I am "in transit". I am awaiting the "out for delivery" here is your package, moment. When you are "in transit" it means that you are riding along in life..and so for over 2 months now I have been riding along. I feel as if my UPS truck has had many breakdowns along the way. Starting with my whole life..which is right here at the moment..

Boxed up in a garage & I can't find a thing. My heart is longing to have all my clothes hung up in my own closet..and silly things like using my own spatula or pots & pans. I feel as if 2 months ago what should have been the happiest moment of my life was turned into a HUGE learning lesson about myself. I like being in control..I like having a schedule & a routine. I like having a purpose for life. And I like to think I have a lot of patience (which is the BIGGEST self reveal so far), my patience has run out. I have zero control over my life at this moment..we have no routine at all..we don't even have a house or a church home. I am learning to die to self, daily,hourly, and even down to the second. But then there is this..

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2nd Corinthians 12:9)

                                             God's strength is made Perfect in weakness.
                                                     His grace is sufficient for me.
This life is not my own to live. God is my strength, not a routine, not a set schedule but Him alone is enough. This isn't a promise that everyday is gonna be sunshine & flowers..but it is a promise that God has a plan..he can help me in this time. Five years from now it will be hard to remember how hard life is at this moment..we will have a house (maybe..;)..we will have a routine (of some sort)..we can have movie night again (even if they will be almost teenagers)..but all in all we will know that through all of this God's glory shines. He shines in every one of us..because God is giving me small moments to remind me that He is good..

We look forward to what God is going to do in our new life..we praise Him for what he has already done.
And we thank Him for loving us even when we are hard to love.


No comments: